Despite all the amazing benefits with using Molliént wax pearls, we are very aware of the mess that can be left on your heater after a while of using it. Therefore, we have written this guide on what you can do at home to keep your heater as clean and new as possible!
First of all we have to acknowledge the obvious fact that the best way to keeping it clean is by simply avoiding the mess in the first place. Do not use your heater on too high temperatures.
That’s a mess just waiting to happen! When the wax is too hot it’ll also be too runny and you will hardly be able to keep any wax on your wax stick without spilling. The wax should in its right temperature have a consistency of really thick honey and be able to spin itself around your wax stick without spilling off.
How to Clean Your Wax Heater
To deeply clean or simply freshen up your Molliént wax heater, follow these simple steps:
- Make sure there is not too much wax in the heater to begin with. If there’s still wax in the heater, it’s better to either use it or pour it out.
- Turn your wax heater on high and wait a few minutes until it warms up and whatever wax remaining liquidizes.
- Turn off the wax heater and remove the cord from the wall outlet.
- Use paper towels to remove the wax. Do not use cotton balls as these can break and get stuck in the wax. Be careful to not burn your fingers on the heater!
- After you have removed as much as possible, use a special wax heater cleaner or a fragrance free oil, such as coconut oil, to remove the remaining wax. (Oil works just as well as any special cleaner to dissolve the wax.) Rub thoroughly with paper towels soaked in special cleaner or oil anywhere you’d like to clean.
- When finished, simply use a wet towel or wet wipes to clean the surface from residues of the special cleaner or oil.
If you only want to clean the outside of your heater, follow step 5 & 6 and your Molliént wax heater will look as good as new!